Vim, x11 and portmaster

Remy van Elst relst at relst.nl
Sat Apr 12 08:33:07 UTC 2014

Hello,

On FreeBSD-10.0 RELEASE I've got the vim port installed. It is compiled
with the following options:

     make WITHOUT_X11=yes NO_GUI=yes LITE=yes install clean

In my /etc/make.conf I have the following:

     WITHOUT_X11=yes

Now, when using portmaster to upgrade all my ports (portmaster -a), if
vim has an update, it wants to install a whole load of x11 ports:

     ===>>> All >> (75)

     ===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
             Upgrade subversion-1.8.8_1 to subversion-1.8.8_2
             Upgrade vim-lite-7.4.240 to vim-7.4.253
             Install accessibility/atk
             Install devel/glib20
             Install devel/gobject-introspection
             Install graphics/cairo
             Install x11-fonts/fontconfig
             Install x11/pixman
             Install devel/xorg-macros
             Install x11/xcb-util-renderutil
             Install x11/libxcb
             Install devel/libcheck
             Install devel/libpthread-stubs
             Install x11/libXau
             Install x11/xproto
             Install x11/libXdmcp
             Install x11/xcb-proto
             Install x11/xcb-util
             Install misc/gnomehier
             Install devel/cscope
             Install devel/ctags
             Install devel/patch
             Install lang/lua52
             Install lang/tcl86
             Install textproc/intltool
             Install x11-toolkits/gtk20
             Install graphics/gdk-pixbuf2
             Install x11-toolkits/libXt
             Install x11/kbproto
             Install x11/libSM
             Install x11/libICE
             Install x11/xtrans
             Install x11/libX11
             Install x11-fonts/xf86bigfontproto
             Install x11/bigreqsproto
             Install x11/inputproto
             Install x11/xcmiscproto
             Install x11/xextproto
             Install x11/libXi
             Install x11/libXext
             Install x11/libXfixes
             Install x11/fixesproto
             Install graphics/gtk-update-icon-cache
             Install misc/hicolor-icon-theme
             Install misc/shared-mime-info
             Install x11-toolkits/pango
             Install print/harfbuzz
             Install devel/icu
             Install graphics/graphite2
             Install x11-fonts/encodings
             Install x11-fonts/bdftopcf
             Install x11-fonts/libXfont
             Install x11-fonts/fontsproto
             Install x11-fonts/libfontenc
             Install x11-fonts/font-util
             Install x11-fonts/mkfontscale
             Install x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-truetype
             Install x11-fonts/dejavu
             Install x11-fonts/mkfontdir
             Install x11-fonts/font-bh-ttf
             Install x11-fonts/font-misc-ethiopic
             Install x11-fonts/font-misc-meltho
             Install x11/libXcomposite
             Install x11/compositeproto
             Install x11/libXcursor
             Install x11/libXrender
             Install x11/renderproto
             Install x11/libXdamage
             Install x11/damageproto
             Install x11/libXinerama
             Install x11/xineramaproto
             Install x11/libXrandr
             Install x11/randrproto
             Install print/cups-client
             Install x11/libXpm

     ===>>> Proceed? y/n [y] n

If I however first manually upgrade vim:

     make WITHOUT_X11=yes NO_GUI=yes LITE=yes reinstall clean

and then upgrade with portmaster, it does not want those packages:

     ===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
             Upgrade subversion-1.8.8_1 to subversion-1.8.8_2

     ===>>> Proceed? y/n [y] y

How can I make those vim compile options also work with portmaster? I
don't want to manually upgrade the vim port first...