Does openssl Fix Bump The Version Number?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Wed Apr 9 19:14:15 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014 01:53 PM, Thomas Hoffmann wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach at mailplus.pl> wrote:
>
>> Check the date of the produced binary or test for vulnerability
>> on your own hand if paranoid. I've linked relevant changes in
>> source code.
>>

> Have a look at this thread:
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=9476970+0+current/svn-src-head

To steal from our Python colleagues:  Explicit is better than implicit.
A patched piece of infrastructure of this importance should be obviously
so to anyone who cares.  In the course of my work I deal with many hundreds
of servers (well over 1000 at this point) and having to figure out what
REALLY is going on across Cent, FBSD, RHEL, SLES, AIX, Solaris ....
is very painful and time consuming.

I appreciate the fact that the FreeBSD maintainers are volunteers and
I'm not diminishing their hard work here, but we do position FreeBSD
as an enterprise server class environment .... 'just sayin' ...

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com