Mixing ports and pkgng

Matthew Pherigo hybrid120 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:30:00 UTC 2014

Hey all,

Binary packages are very helpful, as they are very quick and easy to install and upgrade. However, I sometimes want to change a couple options on a single port. Is there anyway to only use compilations for ports on which I have changed options to be different from the default? That is to say, if I change the options for package A, but leave its dependencies B and C alone, is there any ports management program that will automatically recognize this and use pkgng for B and C, but compile A from source?

Thanks,
--Matt