redirect_port Where should it go?

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Wed Apr 2 22:07:06 UTC 2014

Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:15:27AM -1000, Al Plant wrote:
>> Aloha,
>>
>> Several list members have posted redirect_port instructions. Some are for
>> putting the command lines in natd.conf some mention PF.  I use PF on my
>> servers and firewall so either will be fine for me.  Is there really any
>> preferred way to redirect the the mail and www into the servers on the lan?
>
> If you are already running pf, you might as well do the redirecting there. The
> pf.conf(5) manual page has some examples.
>
> Roland

Thanks Roland,

One thing I have noticed. There is a (-) dash in front of
- redirect_port in the man pages but the dash is missing in the examples.

What is the proper form when it is under the PF.

Al

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >