where to mention:typo

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Apr 1 21:26:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:

> I seen this typo:
> FreeBSD's advanced features, proven security, and predictable release cycle,
> as well as its permissive license have lead to its use as a platform for
> building
> many commericial and open source appliances, devices, and products, including
> those from many of the world's largest IT companies:
> should be commercial.
> http://www5.us.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/nutshell.html#introduction-nutshell-users
> I wasn't sure where to post that/how I could submit a patch. Rather than
> fixing, it'd be awesome if someone could show me.

Show how to submit a patch, or how to fix it?

The problem report form is here:
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

To fix it and submit a patch, first see the FreeBSD Documentation
Project Primer:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/book.html

There is a Quick Start there that briefly describes what is needed.
For more detail, please write to the freebsd-doc at FreeBSD.org mailing
list.  For IRC, there's bsddocs on EFnet.  Or contact me privately
(wblock at FreeBSD.org).

Thanks for helping with this!