Voice Mail required QuickTime

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 26 21:13:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 01:54:34PM -0400, Carmel wrote:
> I have a voice mail account with Time Warner Cable. I can access the
> account from my home telephone, Windows PC, etcetera, but not from my
> FreeBSD machine. This error message pops up when I try to play the
> recording on the web site:
>
> To play audio online, you must have QuickTime Player installed.
>
> How can I make this work from my FreeBSD machine?

The chromium browser (/usr/ports/www/chromium) has better multimedia
capabilities out of the box.

But if you want to keep using firefox, re-build it with the gstreamer option
enabled. That will give firefox more capability in handling multimedia.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith                                   http://rsmith.home.xs4all.nl/