FreeBSD 8.4 Boot failure

Tyler Sweet tyler at tsweet.net
Thu Sep 26 07:05:34 UTC 2013

Well, I wasn't able to continue troubleshooting. I took the
opportunity that the server was already down to upgrade the BIOS. HP
kindly does not provide any checks or warnings letting you know that
you need to do a stepped upgrade, so the server is bricked. *sigh*. So
this likely won't get investigated more. I'll be setting up a new
server and attempting to import the zpools there.

Thank for your advice anyhow! If this happens again on another server,
I'll see about trying more things.