minor vi/vim qstn

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Sep 26 00:22:37 UTC 2013

Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:23:27AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:27:41 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	am I misremembering this feature, or didnt vi have a syntax where
> > 	you typed something like:
> >
> > 	% vi[#] or % vi [-2]  [or vi [-N]
> >
> > 	to repeat the last or the second from last  command?  with my
> > 	shoulder sore bloody sore I need to save every key stroke.
>
> To repeat the last command, "." can be used.
>
> The vi editor (and probably vim and gvim) supports
> according to "man vi":
>
>        [Vi]i[sual][!] [+cmd] [file]
>               Vi mode only.  Edit a new file.
>
> Is this what you're searching for?

	I THOGoHT it was "!", but lookit:

pts/14 17:11 <tao> [5010] vi sent
pts/14 17:11 <tao> [5011] vi!
zsh: command not found: vi!
pts/14 17:12 <tao> [5012]

.......  this is vi == vim.

	AHA:: found it.  it's [bang]<commant>

pts/14 17:17 <tao> [5016] vi sent
pts/14 17:17 <tao> [5017] !v

	I'll tell ya, if vi disappeared , I'd end it all!

	tx.

	gary

> Or do you refer to command lines where "@:" would repeat the

-N T- 34/41: P> last command (started with ":")?

> --
> Polytropon
> Magdeburg, Germany
> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

             Twenty-seven years of service to the Unix community.
                            http://www.thought.org/HOPE