persistence in freeBSD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Sep 17 00:15:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 20:32:43 -0000, atar wrote:
> What does the '-u' option do? I've not find in the 'mount' man page any
> explanation on this option.

That's strange. I'm currently looking at "man mount" on a
FreeBSD 8.2 system and the following paragraph is readable:

     -u      The -u flag indicates that the status of an already mounted file
             system should be changed.  Any of the options discussed above
             (the -o option) may be changed; also a file system can be changed
             from read-only to read-write or vice versa.  An attempt to change
             from read-write to read-only will fail if any files on the file
             system are currently open for writing unless the -f flag is also
             specified.  The set of options is determined by applying the
             options specified in the argument to -o and finally applying the
             -r or -w option.

The -u flag is referenced in other sections of the manpage.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany