lprof startup issue, QAssistantClient not found

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Fri Sep 13 05:44:07 UTC 2013

After installing (and reinstalling) devel/lprof,
I keep getting the error:

"The QAssistantClient executable was not found.  Make sure that
 assistant(.exe)is located either in your PATH or in the $QTDIR/bin directory.
 Help will not be availble until this is corrected."

I have both
  devel/qt4-assistant
  devel/qt4-assistant-adp
installed, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

"assistant-qt4" and "assistant_adp" both exist in /usr/local/bin

If I create a symbolic link of "assistant" to either of the assistant*
executables I no longer get the error message, but no help shows up either...

ideas?