Network Question

Daniel Nang daniel.nang01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 19:16:46 UTC 2013

That was easier than I thought. My initial approach already looked
something like
this, except that for the ip address I always put the machine's name as in:

machine1# ssh user at machine2.example.com

which results in

ssh: Could not resolve hostname machine2.example.com: hostname nor servname
provided, or not known

I think the problem here lies with the /etc/hosts file where machine1 and
machine2 have
to be registered respectively. The thing here is that the ip isn't static
which makes
this approach somewhat difficult to realize.

Got it.

Thanks.