Fw: ttys file question

Jack Mc Lauren jack.mclauren at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 18:25:16 UTC 2013

I have added the following entry to /etc/gettytab file

test.std.115200:\
:ep:sp#4800:tc:Pc

And also I have changed /etc/ttys file

cuau3   "/usr/libexec/getty test.std.115200"    cons25  on secure

I expect /dev/cuau3 device to use even parity and 4800 as speed, but when I check the device properties using stty -f /dev/cuau3, only speed changes to 4800 and parity value does not change.

Here's the output of stty -f /dev/cuau3 after applying the changes using kill -HUP 1 command.

speed 4800 baud;
lflags: -icanon -isig -iexten -echo
iflags: -icrnl -ixon -ixany -imaxbel -brkint
oflags: -opost tab3
cflags: cs8 -parenb