Does KMS work with gen 2 Intel graphics on FreeBSD 9.1?

Sean DuBois sean at siobud.com
Tue Sep 10 14:10:49 UTC 2013

The only way to have KMS support in 9.1 right now is to build with
WITH_NEW_XORG=true and WITH_KMS=true in your make.conf, do you have
these flags enabled?

Another good check (right now) is to switch to a text console VT
switching is not enabled so the screen will stay black
(See https://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU)

You will also have i915kms.ko loaded

I am not a X11 dev, I just use the driver day to day so sorry I can't
give you a better technical answer!