vBSDcon 2013 Registrations Open
Miller, Vincent (Rick)
vmiller at verisign.com
Mon Sep 9 15:39:50 UTC 2013
With approximately six (6) weeks until the event, Registrations for vBSDcon 2013 remain open until October 23rd, 2013. Register now for this BSD conference scheduled to take place at the Dulles Hyatt in Herndon, VA from October 25 – 27, 2013.
Users and developers from across the BSD communities are encouraged to attend the event intended bring together members of the BSD community for a series of roundtable discussions, educational sessions, best practice conversations, and exclusive networking opportunities. Those interested in such an opportunity to learn, experience, and meet others involved in the BSD communities should plan to attend vBSDcon 2013.
vBSDcon is proud to bring such prolific speakers such as:
* David Chisnall, a member of FreeBSD's Core Team, speaking on the migration from GCC to LLVM/CLANG within the FreeBSD project.
* Luigi Rizzo, FreeBSD source committer and project developer for netmap, speaking on the Evolution of the Netmaps Framework
* Baptiste Daroussin, FreeBSD source committer and project developer for PkgNG, speaking on the topic of PkgNG
* Henning Brauer & Reyk Floeter, OpenBSD developers, speaking on deep packet inspection with OpenBSD and PF
* Scott Long, FreeBSD source committer, speaking on "Disspelling the Stigma of the "Dot-oh" Release
* Devin Teske, FreeBSD source committer, with "A Comprehensive Look at bsdconfig"
* Kris Moore, PC-BSD Director of Development, speaking on automating deployment of FreeBSD and PC-BSD systems
* John Hixson, of iXsystems, speaking on the topic of FreeNAS plugins
vBSDcon is being hosted at the Dulles Hyatt in Herndon, VA making it extremely convenient for attendees who book their room at the venue. The venue is also just minutes from Dulles International Airport with regular shuttles to/from the hotel and airport terminal during the day. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided on-site by the hotel's on premise restaurant.
The schedule includes a reception dinner at the Dulles Hyatt on the evening of October 25th provided by Verisign and a mid-conference social the following evening celebrating 20 years of FreeBSD. Space for off hours hacker lounges and doc sprints will be available in the conference facilities with complimentary wireless internet access. The BSD Certification Group will also be hosting a BSDA certification exam on Saturday evening following the completion of conference activities for the day.
All are invited to take part in this event and are encouraged to register at the vBSDcon web site at http://www.vbsdcon.com/. Simply click the "Register now" button to begin your registration! We look forward to meeting you all there!
Vincent (Rick) Miller
vmiller at verisign.com
t: 703.948.4395 m: 703.581.3068
12061 Bluemont Way, Reston, VA 20190
“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”
More information about the freebsd-questions