ttys file question

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sun Sep 8 19:19:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 09:40:44 -0700 (PDT)
Jack Mc Lauren <jack.mclauren at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But I can not connect to my server with this configuration. But if I
> change ttyu6 to cuau6, everything works fine! I don't understand the
> difference, would you please explain the reason for me?

	In short the tty devices are for outgoing connections, the cua
devices are for incoming connections.

	For more detail see sio(4), after all the detail about multi-port
serial cards and their master ports comes a couple of paragraphs describing
the devices associated with each serial port in detail.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>