ufs recovery

Graeme Dargie arab at tangerine-army.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 16:18:10 UTC 2013

Assuming the disk has not been written to, then making a full DD image of the drive is your 1st step, then make a copy of that DD image and store it somewhere safe in case something goes wrong with the one you are working on. You can try Foremost which can recover data even deleted stuff from a DD image, there was another package that works on the command line but I cannot recall the name of it just now. Your success rate will depend on the type of data you are trying to recover, from experience foremost works better on certain types of files.

Regards
Graeme Dargie