New laptop for FreeBSD: HP 650 H5V58EA

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 21:07:29 UTC 2013

On 30.10.2013 10:27, Maurizio Vairani wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to replace my old laptop with a  new HP 650 H5V58EA.
> Has someone has used it ?
>
> Thanks
> Maurizio

Hi,

I don't have this one but I already have lot of HP laptop before.

What I can tell is that HP is usually good with their laptop and work
almost perfectly. The only issue I have is that I can't adjust the
brightness directly through my fn keys (but with sysctl it works fine).
This is primarly due to their HP Quick Launch drivers (I hope this has
changed).

General ACPI, webcam, USB, wireless, and such usually work well though :-).

Regards,