Chromium rendering problem

Peter Harrison four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 31 19:09:15 UTC 2013

Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 20:56:03 +0000, LtCdData said:
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 20:36:47 +0000
> Peter Harrison <four.harrisons at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello list.
> >
> > I'm encountering a rendering problem in Chromium on 9.2-RELEASE.
> >
> > I updated my machine recently from 9.2-R from 9.1-R, and then ran a port update which pulled in several updates - including bringing Chromium up to 30.0.1599.101 from 30.0.1599.69, among other things.
> >
> > I now have a rendering problem in Chromium. On some sights, it will render the page initially before the render is complete however the page blanks to white - no content visible at all. This happens consistently for example on www.theguardian.com/uk and play.google.com
> >
> > Other (presumably simpler) sites render fine - eg. www.freebsd.org.
> >
> > Any ideas where to look for a fix? I've tried disabling my only extension (Vimium) to no effect. I've tried install a flashblocker (no difference). I don't have flash installed
> >
> > This is on a Lenovo Thinkpad X60 with 9.2-R i386 and a GENERIC kernel using the intel xorg driver:
> >
> > xorg-7.7            X.Org complete distribution metaport
> > xorg-server-1.7.7_10,1 X.Org X server and related programs
> > xf86-video-intel-2.7.1_5 Driver for Intel integrated graphics chipsets
> >

> > Thanks for your help,
> >

> > Peter Harrison.
>
> not sure if this is the same issue i had but......
>
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=15163
> /etc/sysctl.conf
> kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed=1
> /etc/rc.d/sysctl restart

Thanks...

But it's not that.

I have kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed set to 1

Without that, nothing works.

With it some sites work (eg. www.freebsd.org), but some don't (www.theguardian.com).

I've now deleted and the installed again all my ports using the process in the portmaster manpage, just in case it was something that got disconnected in the update to the latest chromium.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Peter.