Cannot build security/nss on 9.0-RELEASE-p3

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Sun Oct 27 23:36:30 UTC 2013

I cannot build, or cannot figure out how to build, security/nss on
9.0-RELEASE-p3.  Behold:

[root at norman /usr/ports/security/nss]# uname -a
FreeBSD norman 9.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Jun 12 01:47:53 UTC 2012     root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
[root at norman /usr/ports/security/nss]# make install clean
===>  nss-3.15.2 improper use of USE_PERL5.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/nss.
[root at norman /usr/ports/security/nss]# gmake -v
GNU Make 3.82
Built for i386-portbld-freebsd9.0
[root at norman /usr/ports/security/nss]# gmake install clean
Makefile:42: *** missing separator.  Stop.
[root at norman /usr/ports/security/nss]# sed -n 42,47p Makefile
.if !defined(WITH_DEBUG)
MAKE_ENV+=	BUILD_OPT=1
BINS=		${DIST}/${OPSYS}${OSREL}_OPT.OBJ
.else
BINS=		${DIST}/${OPSYS}${OSREL}_DBG.OBJ
.endif

The security/nss port is needed by firefox (unless there is a
configuration option that allows firefox to be built without it),
which is why I want it; currently my only graphical browser on that
system is chrome.

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

			Jay F. Shachter
			6424 N Whipple St
			Chicago IL  60645-4111
				(1-773)7613784   landline
				(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
				jay at m5.chicago.il.us
				http://m5.chicago.il.us

			"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"