FreeNAS vs. FreeBSD?

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 15:07:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm evaling both as well as other ZFS centric distros.

If you want GUI management for ZFS, then FreeNAS is the ticket.  Even compared to Nappit, FreeNAS is the winner in my opinion.

FreeBSD/NAS are largely the same.  There 9.1.1 rel is more like FreeBSD 9.2.

But if you are fine with CLI ZFS admin, then why switch?

There documentation is amazing, hats off to there team for sure.

- aurf