Anyone Using Eric4 IDE?

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Thu Oct 24 19:46:19 UTC 2013

On 10/24/2013 1:27 pm, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> 24.10.2013 22:08, dweimer пишет:

>>> It just works for me.
>>
>> Any possibility you could share the options you have set in python? or
>> how they may possibly differ from mine below?
>
> I use packages built by poudriere and all pythin default settings.
> You make take a look at the build log (it contains full information):
> http://gw.wart.ru/bulk/10-amd64-default/2013-10-14_22h43m10s/logs/python27-2.7.5_3.log
>
>> # This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
>> # Options for python27-2.7.5_3
>> _OPTIONS_READ=python27-2.7.5_3
>> _FILE_COMPLETE_OPTIONS_LIST=EXAMPLES FPECTL IPV6 NLS PTH PYMALLOC SEM
>> THREADS UCS2 UCS4
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=EXAMPLES
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=FPECTL
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IPV6
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=NLS
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=PTH
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=PYMALLOC
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SEM
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=THREADS
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=UCS2
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=UCS4

hmm, same options set, but I did discover that its not Eric IDE itself,
but definitely something within the Py-Qt stack, I was able to get Eric4
up and running on my windows VM write a small amount of code with a GUI,
and then launch it from the FreeBSD machine.  Same Signal 11
Segmentation Fault.  Guess I will run a portmaster -af tonight on my
laptop to see if it resolves the issue.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer