Hyperic 4.6.6 Monitoring System

Paul M. Britton pbritton at isymphony.net
Wed Oct 23 19:40:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am new to FreeBSD and am hoping you may be able to help. This concerns setting up Hyperic 4.6.6 Client-Server monitoring system.

The Hyperic server is up and running, and the agent runs well on my windows servers.

I am trying to run the Hyperic 4.6.6 agent on a VMware virtual server. Getting errors and the agent will not start.
FreeBSD version 7.3. Hyperic 4.6.6.

When I run the command to start the agent (hq-agent-nowrapper.sh start), this is what is returned:

Starting agent
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.hyperic.sigar.FileAttrs.gather(Lorg/hyperic/sigar/Sigar;Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at org.hyperic.sigar.FileAttrs.gather(Native Method)
        at org.hyperic.sigar.FileInfo.fetchInfo(FileInfo.java:430)
        at org.hyperic.sigar.FileInfo.fetchFileInfo(FileInfo.java:450)
        at org.hyperic.sigar.Sigar.getFileInfo(Sigar.java:729)
        at org.hyperic.sigar.FileWatcher.add(FileWatcher.java:66)
        at org.hyperic.sigar.FileWatcher.add(FileWatcher.java:61)
        at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient$2.<init>(AgentClient.java:1243)
        at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.initializeAgent(AgentClient.java:1238)
        at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.main(AgentClient.java:1369)
$

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated. Thank you!

All The Best,
Paul
Paul McCoy Britton Jr. |IT | (713) 530-7559
iSymphony(r) | Total Talent Management Solutions

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CECFF2.F2AEA490]

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.