Unmounting a share

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:22:28 UTC 2013

I have a Windows machine that I use to back up data onto. I use the
following command to mount the share:

# Mount the drive
/usr/sbin/mount_smbfs -N -f 0644 -U jim -W WORKGROUP //jim at boss-4700/FreeBSD $HOME/FreeBSD_D

I also have this in the /etc/fstab file:
//jim at jim@boss-4700/FreeBSD  /usr/home/jim/FreeBSD_D   smbfs   rw,noauto       0       0

All of that works fine. The problem is that I cannot find a command to
umount the share. I have tried every combination I could find on Google
but they all result in an error message. It is probably really simple,
but I cannot find one that works.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com