firefox && HTML5 && flash

mfv mrkvrg at acm.org
Sat Oct 19 18:29:37 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Sat,  19 Oct 2013 20:48:13 clutton wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> One: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-to-HTML5
>
> Second:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube-all-html5/
>
> And the flash disable addon (I didn't try it, 'cause I don't have the
> flash plugin installed):
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/flashdisable

I received this message a couple of minutes after requesting a solution to
switch between flash and HTML5.

I tried the third option and it meets my needs. If I need to switch from one
mode to the other it is a simple matter of clicking on the button that appears
on the toolbar and then reload the page.  If the button is red, flash can be
used, if it is greyed-out HTML5 is loaded.

This addon was tested using the default settings in about:config.

Many thanks for this tip.

Cheers ...

Marek