firefox && HTML5 && flash

mfv mrkvrg at acm.org
Sat Oct 19 17:51:12 UTC 2013

On Sat,  19 Oct 2013 15:11:35 Lena at lena.kiev.ua wrote:
> > From: Warren Block
> >
> > On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > I have a very recent 10-CURRENT with firefox 24.0.1 and Linux flash
> > > as .mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so;
> > > Flash content, for example from http://www.telesurtv.net/ plays fine;
> > > Youtube plays also fine, but only when Linux flash is removed from
> > > .mozilla/plugins; if npwrapper.libflashplayer.so is there, Youtube
> > > complains.
> >
> > Set dom.ipc.plugins.enabled to false in about:config, and then restart
> > Firefox.  Do the opposite to switch back afterwards.  It would be nice
> > to find an easier way to do this.
>
> In about:config create (right-click anywere, New) two boolean variables
> with value "false" and names:
> dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.libflashplayer.so
> dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
>
> and restart Firefox.
> With these (and dom.ipc.plugins.enabled default true),
> plugin-container is not used only for Flash.

Hello Lena,

Thanks for this tip.  It has solved my recent problems with youtube.

However, when I use Google Street Maps (which needs flash) with your suggested
settings the screen turns black and freezes.  If I reverse your settings
Google Street Maps works but HTML5 videos do not.  Any suggestions?

Cheers ...

Marek