OT: UPS buying suggestion

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Oct 18 10:36:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 12:04 +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > > As mentioned before, a workshop in addition must use an isolating
> > > transformer, by this galvanic isolation you can't get an electric
> I highly doubt this. Only larger workshops have a transformer.

It's needed for every workshop in Germany.


Assumed it shouldn't be needed in other countries, it's anyway common
that engineers only work on gear connected to the mains by galvanic
isolation _in all countries_. You won't spend 50,-€ to save lives ;)?

Btw. usually it's an adjustable transformer, because a German workshop
needs to be able to transform the 230V to e.g. 120V for gear build for
the USA etc..

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list