APC BE750G Power Saving Battery Back-UPS

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 13 11:22:25 UTC 2013

I have the opportunity to replace an aging UPS with a new APC BE750G
Power Saving Battery Back-UPS one. My question is if anyone here has
ever used this device under FreeBSD. APC does not have, or at least I
couldn't find any, software for a FreeBSD system. Without the software,
the unit is basically useless.

I Googled and found an old message regarding FreeBSD and a similar UPS
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-October/062543.html>
dated 10/2004. Are those issues still relevant? According to
<http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/#freebsd> I need to insure that this is
a "SmartUPS" The unit I am looking at does not qualify.

I might add that my present unit is connected to a Windows machine. I
intend to replace that one and hook up both PCs to it.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com