FreeBSD, Centos and ZFS

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 23:15:16 UTC 2013

On Oct 12, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Mark Felder wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013, at 10:53, aurfalien wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to first say that by no means is this a "hey, why is my Mac
>> faster then my PC" kind of email.
>>
>> I'm really hoping its an LSI driver issue.
>>

> It may very well be an LSI firmware issue. What are the firmwares for
> those HBAs?

Well, the 2 LSI 9207s are rebadge Intel being Intel RS25GB008 ( http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/servers/raid/raid-controller-rs25gb008.html ) with the latest Intel firmware.

The lone 9206-16e has the latest LSI firmware.

Shall I downgrade to a particular version?

I would love to resolve this performance oddity.

Thanks for getting back to me, I know its a weird one with an annoying subject as its apples and oranges.

I would be happy to get you exact info of anything I have, so feel free.

- aurf