Do I really have to install 80 packages?

gct7photography at gmail.com gct7photography at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 22:27:58 UTC 2013

I don't know what others think, but what *I* really want is that the
free software versions of Flash (gnash and klash, etc) work at least as
well as versions of Adobe Flash do, or if versions of Adobe Flash are
to be used, that it will be free and covered by the GPL.

Its unlikely to happen unless we start a campaign among the Free
Software users of the world to make Flash free software.

Yes, I know HTML 5 is just around the corner, but we've seen a
concerted effort already (in the European Parliament at least) to
introduce DRM into HTML 5 and though it may make using Flash marginally
easier, it would be a retrograde step if DRM is to be introduced.

So what are we left with?  Free software to replicate what Flash
does (at least) that does not have the taint of proprietary software?
Is that not an achievable goal?

I can't code but would be willing to join a project with those
achievable goals, but it hasn't appeared yet, so I don't seriously
expect it will happen any time soon.....

++ Graham Todd