Q: Updating a port (math:asymptote)

Jarmo Hurri jarmo.hurri at syk.fi
Fri Oct 11 16:20:11 UTC 2013

Greetings.

I would like to switch from Linux to FreeBSD, but am puzzled by the
timeliness of the ports. In particular, I use a drawing program called
asymptote quite heavily in my work. From the ports page I noticed that
the ports version is approximately 14 months old:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=asymptote

I tried to contact the maintainer via email, but got no response.

What would be the correct procedure for trying to get that port updated?

1. Somehow get in contact with the maintainer. How? (I tried.)
2. Try to become a maintainer. How?
3. Something else?

Thank you very much in advance for your responses.

Jarmo