Why no "ls" on DVD or livefs.iso?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Oct 11 03:33:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 21:45:58 -0500, W. D. wrote:
> Thanks, Polytropon.  I couldn't get FrieSBIE to work.

It's a rather old project, and as far as I know, it isn't
being continued anymore. It should still support at least
the CLI mode for most computers... (I have to admit that
I'm still using it, but usually on _older_ computers where
it often works flawlessly.)

> Hung up.  Used mfsBSD instead.

Good choice. :-)

> Had to use 8.X because 9.X hangs.  I think it has something
> to do with my PS2 mouse and keyboard.

Can't imagine _that_ as a cause of OS hangs, but it might
still be a hardware compatibility or configuration problem.
If v8 works for you - no problem, it's still supported.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany