No Sound from Firefox

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 6 17:59:12 UTC 2013

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 16:40:16 +0200
Matthias Apitz articulated:

> El día Sunday, October 06, 2013 a las 10:27:48AM -0400, Jerry
> escribió:
>
> > Firefox has suddenly went silent. I can view videos on Youtube for
> > instance, but there is no sound. If I save the video to dist and
> > play it with MPlayer, there is sound. I did update several PHP
> > modules the other day, but I don't know it that would have any
> > effect on it. Also, on several sites, a video starts to load then a
> > blank white area takes its place and that ends it. Any suggestions
> > as to what might be the problem.
>
> Jerry,
>
> In my records about firefox && flashplugin I have about the no sound
> problem:
>
>         no sound problem:
>         see also
> http://forums.freebsd.org/archive/index.php/t-3353.html #
> cd /compat/linux/proc # ln -s libssl.so.0.9.8g libssl.so.5
This is what I attempted to do:

/compat/linux/proc # ln -s libssl.so.0.9.8g libssl.so.5
ln: libssl.so.5: No such file or directory

/compat/linux/proc # locate libssl.so.5
/usr/local/lib/compat/libssl.so.5
/usr/local/lib32/compat/libssl.so.5

cd /usr/local/lib/compat

/usr/local/lib/compat # cd /usr/local/lib/compat
/usr/local/lib/compat # ln -s libssl.so.0.9.8g libssl.so.5
ln: libssl.so.5: File exists

So where do I go from here? Do I force the link?

--
Jerry ♔