Problem completing a 9.1 release to 9.2 release upgrade

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 03:51:56 UTC 2013

I figured I'd walk through those steps from start to finish and just
correct my main problem and any other little glitches I might have.

I'm on step 6 and when I run mergemaster -p, I get the following error.

*** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
 *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
 *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot

/usr/bin/install: Undefined symbol "gid_from_group"

  *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot copy files to the temproot environment

I found this thread on the Freebsd forums
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=41779 with the same error and if
I do the same diagnostic steps of

truss install -d -g wheel ~/testdirectory

I find an error of

lstat("/usr/local/etc/libmap.d",0x7fffffffb990)     ERR#2 'No such file or
directory'

Any suggestions? Thank you for the help thus far.

Eric