# portmaster -r pixman fails with !#/bin/sh list too long

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Oct 1 06:27:59 UTC 2013

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear folks,
>
> In updating ports I encounter above issue and cannot proceed.
>
> 20130929:
>   AFFECTS: users of x11/pixman
>   AUTHOR: zeising at FreeBSD.org
>
>   The library version of x11/pixman has changed, and portrevision has
>   been bumped in all dependent ports.  If you have external software that
>   depends on pixman, this software needs to be recompiled.
>   To recompile all software dependent on pixman, run:
>
>   # portmaster -r pixman
>   or
>   # portupgrade -rf pixman
>
> The messages are that a pkg texlive-ub*.... and that #!/bin/sh list
> too long.  I try to run
> # portmaster -d -r pixman -x 'texlive-*'
> but it still fails in the same place :(

I continued with portmaster's "-R" option and got a lot further. You
could try either that or the command line that portmaster suggests
when it bails out.

> I am using texlive-freebsd from Romain Tartiere's googlecode page in
> case it is important.  Please advice me so I can succeed to fix these
> issue.  I lost X because I failed to read the /usr/src/UPDATING advice
> and then I realized that I overlooked this :(

I don't think that texlive is relevant; if you continue the process
instead of starting from scratch, you'll probably get farther.

I'd prefer to actually debug the problem at its root, but it's the
middle of the night and I don't seem to have enough brain cells awake
to figure anything out.

Good luck.