pkg 1.2_1

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 20:00:23 UTC 2013

On 28/11/2013 18:55, Walter Hurry wrote:
> Thanks. I understand that, but my question is where should the file
> actually live? In /etc/pkg, or in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos?

pkg(8) will search all the directories on REPOS_PATH, which by default is

   /etc/pkg
   /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos

/etc/pkg is for the "official" FreeBSD.conf that comes with the base
system.  /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos is for general use.

> And for that matter, where should pkg.conf be? I still have SHLIBS : YES
> in /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf. And is it still needed?

No that's not needed.  'SHLIBS: yes' is the default now.  Verb. Sap. if
you don't want to override any of the default values you can do without
a pkg.conf entirely.  (pkg(8) complains about an empty pkg.conf at the
moment, which is a bug.)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--