math "formulae" using libreoffice

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Nov 21 20:10:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:18:53 -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	well, the following string:
>
> 	int from a to R lim R rightarrow infinity
>
> 	creates more/less what I have it mind.

What _exactly_ do you have in mind? :-)

> [it's a nonsense
> 	formula, really.]  ---anybody know how I can put   a square
> 	around the expression?

That could be done with Insert -> Frame (german version: Rahmen).
Then define the desired border width for the frame and how it
should flow in the text (anchor at paragraph or as a character;
flow parallel). Put the formula into the frame.

Again, LaTeX would simply require putting a \fbox{...} (frame
box) around the math expression. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany