bug in dhclient / dhclient.conf / dhcp-options parser?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Nov 19 23:40:32 UTC 2013

CeDeROM <cederom at tlen.pl> writes:

> I guess this option-nnn thing should work for all values no matter
> what are the names in some table :-)

The ISC folks seem to agree, as they've changed their code base to do
so. There are huge structural differences in the internals, though, so
it's not just a matter of porting a fix.

> I have used isc-42-dhcp-client and it works with the names, but it
> would be nice to have it working in the base as well :-)

I think my earlier message had enough detail to put out a Problem Report
for the issue. If you prefer, I could come up with a patch for the
actual fix, but if I did that, I would spend enough time to check *all*
of the options to see which other ones might be missing, so I wouldn't
come up with a PR immediately.