bug report on USB mounting

Juris Kaminskis juris.kaminskis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:55:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

Looking through this forum post http://149.20.54.209/showthread.php?t=27313

I found the solution to my problem on mounting USB from my Andriod phone:

Is this an internal CF reader?
Also, depending on the disk, I only get /dev/da2 show up, none of the
partitions/filesystems. I have to try to mount /dev/da2, which fails, but
which "tastes" the disk, so the partitions are detected. After that, I can
mount /dev/da2s1 without issues.

If I replicate this above on my pc, it solves the problem on mounting
device.

Also this suggestion works and makes visible the slice to mount:

true > /dev/da2 will force GEOM to retaste the device.

How and to whom report such bug?

Juris