how install two freebsd9.2 on one disk?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Nov 17 15:36:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 16:51:42 +0330, saeedeh motlagh wrote:
> thanks guys for your useful reply.
>
>  thanks Polytropon for your complete answer. it helps me a lot. just i
> don't know how use boot manager yet. i create gpt partitions and install 2
> freebsd 9.2 on them (ada0p2 is / for the first OS and ada0p6 is / for the
> second one) but after restart, none of them boot.

You have been missing the boot blocks. :-)

> should i copy pmbr and gptboot by "gpart bootcode" command on ada0?
> (although i do it and nothing change) if not, where is boot manager and how
> should i use it? i think something should be done about boot partition
> (ada0p1), don't it? please help me to boot my 2 OS correctly.

With the "old" method, it's a simple call of fdisk and boot0cfg.
With the "new" method, you need to have a boot partition, for
example ada0p1, which is set active and contains the boot code,
in your case, the boot manager.

Have a look at Warren Block's installation guide and adjust the
bootcode command for the boot manager. See the "EXAMPLES" section
in the "man gpart" manpage.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany