KVM/QEMU and Freebsd 9.1 or later (Actually 10.0)

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Fri Nov 15 09:25:06 UTC 2013

  Not sure if you ever figured out anything on this one, but I am seeing the
exact same symptoms as you, and my configuration over here is:

 HP Proliant DL580-G5 w/4 hexacore Xeon E7450 processors and 32G RAM
 Host OS is CentOS 6.4 (kernel 2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.x86_64)

 If I load FBSD 9, no problem, in fact I have 9.2 running ZFS quite well
currently, but as you mentioned, if I try and load 10.0-BETA3, it starts to
boot and just freezes, and I have tried it multiple times.

 Not sure if there is anything I can do on boot that might help with this,
or if there is any way to help debug this issue, but it's for sure a change
in 10.0, as any older releases are just fine.

---
Howard Leadmon