How can I change back from pcbsd to freebsd?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Nov 13 23:07:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:49:17 +0000, james wrote:
> I had 'upgraded' to TrueOS in the absence of pkg repos, but now I'd like
> to change back.
> [...]
> Anyway, I'd like to pick up vanilla 9.2 if I can and then move to 10.0
> with its release.
>
> Is it going to be possible?

I'd say the simplest way to do this is to obtain the sources
for the desired system (9.2-RELEASE) and follow the easy
instructions provided in the comment header of /usr/src/Makefile.
>From that point, further following of the security updates
and finally a binary upgrade to 10 via freebsd-update should
be possible.

You can use svn to check out the sources, or just download
them from the FTP server (the src.txz file for the OS version
you want to use).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany