unbound and ntp in FreeBSD 10 Beta 3

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Nov 12 23:00:53 UTC 2013

Hi--

On Nov 12, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Gerard Seibert <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> From what I can find, I only have to place that declaration in the rc.conf file to get unbound working. I found the info here:  http://blog.des.no/2013/09/local-caching-resolver-in-freebsd-10/ However, I am not sure if I am also supposed to put the "service local_unbound start" line into the rc.conf file also. If not; how am I supposed to start the service?  I think the directions could use a little clarification.

Hmm...OK, what part of the below was unclear?

# echo local_unbound_enable=yes >>/etc/rc.conf
# service local_unbound start

The first line updates /etc/rc.conf to startup unbound upon system boot.
You could edit /etc/rc.conf instead to add that line, if you prefer.

The second line starts unbound immediately (ie, without rebooting).  It's a shell command which should be run as root, and not a config entry for /etc/rc.conf.

Regards,
--
-Chuck