using freebsd-update to revert back to GENERIC config files?

Janos Mohacsi mohacsi at niif.hu
Mon Nov 11 20:35:55 UTC 2013

Dear All,
       I use freebsd-update to update several FreeBSD instances. Is
there a quick method to revert back to GENERIC config files is /etc/ and
its sub-directories? I modified locally some files in /etc/mail a while
ago, but I don't need those local modification anymore. I tried to copy
over the GENERIC configs of /etc/mail files but "freebsd-update fetch"
reproting something similar:

"
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 9.1-RELEASE from update2.freebsd.org...
done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

The following files are affected by updates, but no changes have
been downloaded because the files have been modified locally:
/etc/mail/freebsd.cf
/etc/mail/freebsd.submit.cf
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
/etc/mail/submit.cf
/var/db/mergemaster.mtree
"

Is there a clean way to overvwrite these files with the GENERIC during
9.2-RELEASE upgrade?

Any hints might help.

Regards,
Janos Mohacsi