CUPS and Epson Epson WF-3540 on FreeBSD 9.2/11.0-CURRENT

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 2 10:55:44 UTC 2013

I'm about to purchase the Epson WF-3540DTWF and need to know whether
this printer is also capacle of being run on FreeBSD.

What I can see so far on www.openprinting.org is that Epson offers
Linux BLOB drivers, wrapped as RPM or Debian DEB packages. There is no
mentioning of FreeBSD or any other UNIXiod OS but Linux.

It is also mentioned on the www.sane-project.org website, that this
specific printer's scanner is working with Xsane/sane front- and
backend, but it is, again, Linux via the binary, non-free/open driver.

My question is whether I have a chance to get this printer run on
FreeBSD as well. I intend to attach the printer as a network printer
via a FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT CUPS 1.5.2 server.

Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated.

Oliver

P.S. Since I do not subscribe the list, please CC me.