How can I unload/load modules that complied inside the kernel?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed May 29 20:35:59 UTC 2013

Hi, Reference:

Olivier Nicole wrote:
> > [root at h-qa-033 ~]# uname -a
> > FreeBSD h-qa-033 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0: Tue May 28 11:26:45 IDT 2013     root at h-qa-033:/usr/obj/lab/odeds/freebsd/9.1.0/sys/MYKERNEL  amd64
> >
> > OFED and IB support are compiled in kernel.
> >

> > 1.      How can I unload/load modules that complied inside the kernel?
>
> kldload and kldunload should be what you are looking for.

[Unless things have got more flexible] I dont believe you can
unload/load modules that complied inside the kernel.  I think you
need to compile a new kernel without the modules you want to toggle
on & off, Then you can use kldload and kldunload.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".