openvpn and tap device

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Wed May 29 07:36:53 UTC 2013

On 05/28/13 23:14, Pol Hallen wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I installed openvpn (I use it like client).
>
> There isn't any "openvpn_enable=YES" and openvpn_if="tap" in rc.conf but
> after start openvpn I can connect to openvpn server and clients.
>
> ifconfig doesn't show me any tap interface
>
> is it a correct situation?

It's a while since I looked at OpenVPN, so this is from unreliable
memory, but IIRC it uses tap devices under Windows and tun devices under
Unix(ish) OSes. Do you see tun0 appear?

--
In the dungeons of Mordor, Sauron bred Orcs with LOLcats to create a
new race of servants. Called Uruk-Oh-Hai in the Black Speech, they

		_Lord of the Rings 2.0, the Web Edition_