pkg_version says my ports need to be updated?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 27 18:16:47 UTC 2013

On 27/05/2013 19:00, Ed Flecko wrote:
> Clearly, I'm doing something wrong.
>
> :-)
>
> I thought I was using svn to keep my ports, src and docs up to date, but
> pkg_version seems to disagree.
>
> I'm running 9.1 and I've installed ports, src, and docs as part of my
> install. After that, I use subversion to (I thought) make sure everything
> was up to date.
>
> I ran these commands:
>
> /usr/local/bin/svn up /usr/src
>
> /usr/local/bin/svn up /usr/ports
>
> /usr/local/bin/svn up /usr/doc
>
> and then I ran:
>

> pkg_version -vIL =
>

> and it says "< needs updating (index has ...) on about 1 dozen items. So my
> "index" is out of sync with my ports???
>
> What did I screw up and how do I correct it?

You seem to have updated the ports tree, which is a collection of
recipes for how to build ported software, but not actually updated by
rebuilding any of the ported software that has become out of date.

Try installing ports-mgmt/portmaster and then running

    portmaster -a

	Cheers,

	Matthew
--