filesystem advice

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Fri May 24 13:28:30 UTC 2013

There isnt really a thing as better, just different. WHich is best for you
depends on your requirements and resources.

A zfs based solution would work on that system as its just serving a few
clients, and on the assumption that they arent to demanding it should run
fine. Bunging in more memory if you can will just make things better
though, just dont expect anything to amazing out of the machine. If the
data is important then all the data integrity features of zfs will be handy.

However if you need more speed ufs will be faster on that system, at the
expense of the advanced features of zfs.

Its really down to you to decide whats more important.