setup journaling for root partition

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:14:46 UTC 2013

thanks guys for your attentions.

i want to setup journaling in FreeBSD 8.2. i compare soft-update and
journaling and choose journaling (it is more suitable for my goals).

i want to enable journaling for all my partitions. i can do it for all
partitions except root in single user mode. i can not do it for root
because i can not unmount root in single user mode.
please let me know how set a journal provider for my root partition in
FreeBSD 8.2.
thank you so much