Task bar missed when creating PC-BSD release 9.1 64 bit VM in VMware Workstation Version 98.02 build-1031769

Chou, David J david.j.chou at intel.com
Mon May 20 20:57:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

I  am trying to create a virtual machine of PC-BSD release 9.1 64 bit in VMware Workstation Version 98.02 build-1031769 based on PCBSD9.1-x64-DVD.iso downloaded from ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd/9.1/amd64/PCBSD9.1-x64-DVD.iso in Windows 7 64 bits system. The screen resolution is 1280x1024,  if I chose "Yes"  in "Confirm Resolution" window to keep the autodetec, then after the whole creation process finished, and login in as a created user, the task doesn't appear in the bottom below the desktop.  If I powered off the VM, and changed the Display setting to "Specificy monitor settings" with "Maximum resolution" set to "1024 x 768" by "Virtual Machine Settings" in Workstation, and repower on the VM, then the task bar appears on the bottom below desktop.

What is the issue?  Did I miss anything during the VM creation?

Thanks.

David

, and setup network configuration and installed Firefox 20.0 by AppCafe, and configured the network setting in Preference->Advanced of Firefox, and I could  access Internet.

Now I need to build my own customized kernel, but there is no src subdirectory in /usr, so here is my question:
1.            Is there any way to install kernel source when I create the  virtual machine from PCBSD9.1-x64-DVD.iso ?
2.            Any BKM to get the kernel source after the Virtual Machine already created as my case now?

Thanks!

Regards,
David